Steve Dauphinais - DFSIN - SFL
- Independent Representative
- Financial Security Advisor
- Group Insurance and Group Annuity Plans Advisor
- Mutual Fund Representative
Backed by a team of experienced professionals, which may include financial planners, notaries, lawyers and tax experts, I'll do more than a basic review with you — I'll consider every aspect of your financial security, including:
- Establishing a personal budget
- Reviewing your investments
- Evaluating any insurance needs
- Determining if you can reduce your taxes
- Planning your retirement
- Understanding your estate wishes, and any legal matters
After this process, I'm certain you'll have a clear picture of your finances, perhaps discovering opportunities you never thought were available to you.
Your life is constantly changing: having a family, buying a home, changing jobs, facing health issues, transferring your business, planning your retirement. That's why I will make sure your financial strategy is in step with your reality, while growing your assets and maintaining your quality of life.
We will rely upon the comprehensive review of your situation and your goals that we undertook together to guide us through good times and bad. No matter what life has in store for you, you can always count on me. I'm in your corner, always there to help you stay the course and push your limits. Together, we'll do more.
My professional practice is characterized by the values I hold dear:
- Integrity and loyalty
- Availability and independence
- Professionalism and skill
- Exceptional service
I bring these values to every relationship in my practice.
When it comes to my practice, discipline is always my top priority. I've completed the necessary licensing requirements and always pursue professional skills and training so that I can put the latest industry knowledge to work for you. SFL Wealth Management ensures strict adherence to professional standards, obligations and regulations.
I decided to work under the banner of SFL Wealth Management, one of the largest distribution networks of financial products and services in Canada, because I have access to many different financial companies. This allows me to make objective recommendations that are best suited to you and your situation.
SFL Wealth Management is a partner of Desjardins, the leading cooperative financial group in Canada, which gives my network proven financial stability and unmatched support.
Research has shown that there's real value in financial advice and that it provides an undeniable advantage to investors.
- Households that have had an advisor for 15 years or more accumulate 290% more in assets (3.9 times more) than households that haven't1.
- Households that have an advisor have 2.1 times more financial assets than households that don't2.
- Investors that have an advisor are more confident and more likely to have a comfortable retirement if they've received financial advice for at least 10 years3.
- Advisors can help investors manage their emotions, which can add approximately 1.5% to portfolio returns4.
SFL Wealth Management and its counterpart out of Quebec and New Brunswick, Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network, form a network of financial product and service distributers that focus on wealth management. We personalize our service offer to meet your changing needs. No matter the goals you set or the unexpected situations you face, the independent advisors affiliated with our network can help you develop a financial strategy. You can count on the stability of Desjardins, the leading cooperative financial group in Canada, the support of a multi-disciplinary team of financial professionals and their freedom to choose from the best offers available in the market.
1 © 2016, Claude Montmarquette and Nathalie Viennot-Briot, The Gamma Factor and the Value of Financial Advice, https://www.cirano.qc.ca/files/publications/2016s-35.pdf.
2 Jon Cockerline, PhD., New Evidence on the Value of Financial Advice, IFIC, 2012
3 IFIC. The Value of Advice Report, 2012.
4 VANGUARD. The Added Value of Financial Advisors, Toronto, 2014 and IFIC/POLLARA Inc. Canadian Mutual Fund Investors' Perceptions of Mutual Funds and the Mutual Fund Industry, Toronto, 2013.